Status: 2 years experience
Position: Software Engineer
Online round (90 mins)
Phone Screen (60 mins):
Design an image processor system. You are given a list of image objects and a list of commands as strings with parameters. How would you design? Write code.
Onsite (5 rounds):
Round 1: Loads of math questions.
- Drew a moon on wall, calculate distance of moon
- Given 2 bags with 2 dice. One with 6 sides and another with 8 sides. I tell you I got a 3, what’s the probability that it was from the dice numbered 6
- Given 2 spheres. Big sphere diameter is 50% more than smaller one. Weight of smaller one is 8 kg. What’s the weight of the smaller one?
- What is the number of Friday the 13th we can get in an average year?
- Given a 3d tic tac toe, how many ways can you win it?
- Why is it hotter in summer?
- Given a hexagon’s area, what is it’s perimeter?
- Given a 1080p video… how many minutes can you store in a 1TB hard disk?
- Boat in water. You add a ball of some weight, does the water level rise or fall or stay same…lots of follow up on that
- Buy and sell stock - 1 and follow up scale it
- Find min path from top of column to bottom in 2d matrix and scale follow up
Lot of resume questions and questions about scaling a system, horizontal partitioning, vertical partitioning, load balancing, database sharding, different bugs and how to solve them, microservice vs monolithic services and other design concepts
System design related questions and 2 coding questions.
Question 1: https://leetcode.com/problems/single-number
Question 2: https://leetcode.com/problems/single-number-iii Do it in O(n) time and O(1) space complexity
Director asked questions on how to go about debugging an issue he gave with him adding constraint after constraint and changing the scenarios. Very real life based issues.