Dropbox Internship Phone Interview

Position: Dropbox SWE Internship

I approched a recrutier at a career event last year, upon which she sent me a coding challenge on Hackerrank within one day.

Coding Challenge

Standard coding challenge, where you generously had 90 minutes to solve a datastructure problem.
To pass that round you had to optimize your code a little bit and get your test cases through.

Technical phone screen

Within two days of passing the coding challenge, I got an email to schedule a phone interview, which was a code pad interview over the phone. The problem was a lot easier than the coding challenge, so after 20 minutes, you spent the rest of the time (1 hr in total) talking about edge cases, writing test cases and coding optimizations. The problem addressed building a very big hashmap and how to delete entries given certain time parameters. Things that were dicussed included multithreading and concurrency.
Did not pass that interview, but my recruiter was super helpful in the process and the interviewer was very nice as well.

Tip: Look up your interview in advance and think about questions you can ask. Also be ready to
discuss your resume the first 5 minutes.