亚麻 SDE II 上门

我是CS Top 20 CS school毕业的
职位是SDE2
地点在西雅图

OA (90 min):

• Two coding questions, leetcode easy level.
  • After coding - Behavioral questions for 15 min.

店面45分钟:

• Behavioral LP questions- 15 min
  • Coding challenge - 30 min. Leetcode - easy

3) Onsite interview(4 轮):

• First round - bar raiser: 2 LP questions, 1 leetcode - medium question
  • Second round - manager: 2 LP questions, 1 leetcode - easy question
  • Third round - lunch, doesn’t count into final decision
  • Fourth round - 2 LP questions, system design
  • Fifth round - 2 LP questions, 1 leetcode - hard question
1 Like

也报个面经,跟楼主差不多情况,拿到加面

Behavioral questions are based on Amazon Leadership principles. I had a ton of them. I am sorry but I can’t remember them all.

Some curveballs to watch for:

1. You may be expected to implement your own edge case behaviors.
  2. Know your stories. You WILL be asked followup questions.

Interview 1:
SDE II over webconfrence. Several behavioral questions, then: Design a voting system, question changed to implement majority vote. It was hard to understand what he meant by majority vote. (highest count vs >50%)
Interview 2:
Manager - 100% behavioral questions
Interview 3:
Two interviewers (one had a cool blog) - Behavioral Questions, then design a playlist system for playing songs.
Interview 4:
Two interviewers - Behavioral Questions, then sorting problem. You are given friend of friends and recommendations. Return the recommendations sorted by the # of recommendations.

补充一个西雅图的过经

Initally a recruiter make contact with me in LinkedIn. Then within a week, she send me a link for the online round. Once, I passed the online round, I was invited for the onsite interview. I got the result within 4 days that I am selected. I also have a pending result from Google. So did not yet decided. I can’t describe the oroginal problem as I signed in NDA. But I feel I am so greatful to the leetcode community, so I am sharing my experience, it may be helpful to others.

OA
I have two problem. One of the is similar to two sum problem, and another is related to heap. These are not two hard.

Onsite:
I have total 4 round, 3 techinical and 1 system design. LP questions are include in all the round. I have three LP questions in every round and those are very common questions.

第一轮
One senior person, asked LP questions in first 20 minutes. Then asked me a binary tree traversal question. First I gave a trivial solution, then optimal one. I used global variable in the optimal solution. He asked me to solve it without using global variable, and I did it with passing a list as argument. After the solution I still have more than 15 minutes. But he didn’t asked me any following questions. Instead, he explained one of his work experience related with tree traversal. That seems very strange to me.

第二轮
System design round. Again, first 20 minutes, LP questions. Then asked me A/B testing related system design question. It was not that hard, but need to consider a lot of options. “Grooking the system design” course comes very helpful. I followed the pattern form the course to answer this question. The interviewer seems convinced.

第三轮
Again, first 20 minutes, LP questions. Then asked me a variation merge k sorted list. It’s not exact same question, but very similar.

第四轮
Start with LP questions. Next asked me to implement a string encoder and decoder, thats similar to the RLE.

结果
Got the offer to join as SDE 2, Seattle.

Preparation:
Mostly practiced on leetcode, solve around 600 problems. Also used Pramp for the real time practice. For the System Design, “Grooking the system design”, was only resource.

1 Like

也报一个

OA
1 LC easy + 1 LC medium + survey stuffs

Onsite:
4 rounds starting from 9.00 AM and end at around 1.00 PM; all with behavior questions for 20’ with follow-up questions, then technical parts. 1 leetcode medium, 1 system design and 2 OOD which involved a bit of coding. 45’ for each interview and 5’ for asking questions.

Preparation:
Leetcode premium + Pramp + Grokking the system design course

My thought:
I did more than 700 questions but I think it was way more than enough to crack amz interview onsite. Grokking system design worths it. Pramp only for the time you are ready for interview and need some practice, I did 3 times for practicing and it was good experience.

The whole process was really fast, from initial email from recruiter to offer in 4 weeks.

报一个把offer 剧了的面经:

Had what I would call an interesting experience. I was interviewing for what I thought was a senior level position with one of the devices teams as the recruiter told me I would be and as I explicitly told them that I was only interested in certain teams at Amazon (Note the recruiter reached out to me with a LinkedIn message saying I would have the opportunity to work on devices at Amazon). Instead, I got interviewed by an AWS team, stuff that is certainly interesting to some but not interesting to me really at all. I mentioned it to each interviewer, but we went through the interview anyway, even though I would likely not accept an offer for such a position. So, here is what went down.

第一轮:

第二轮:

第三轮:

• More LP questions, forgot them
  • System design question: Design an Amazon Map System

第四轮:

结果:
The recruiter called a day later and offered a position as SDE II, but I told them I was not interested in AWS. The recruiter said they were sorry about this situation and also said all Amazon teams interviews are similar ETC and I could eventually change teams (they said some other things as well but I am forgetting now); but I was just upset about the whole process and as I had other pendding options with companies (including my current company) who have their stuff together more, I turned them down.
In the end, it was a waste of time. (Nothing at all against the AWS team I interviewed with, just with the recruiter and Amazon’s hiring organization in general and their treatment of recruits, not very good.)

也报一个

第一轮:

• LP behavioral questions
  • Given a map with locker points and a user located in the map, find the nearest one. Follow up questions based on getting multiple queries for the same points, etc

第二轮:

• Number of islands, leetcode

第三轮:

• Design an app like Uber, a lot of focus on backend and databases

第四轮:

• Design a card game, where each user is given 3 cards and the winner is based on a set of different rules.

报个西雅图的:

4 Interviews 1 hour each back-to-back (1 pm to 5 pm)

第一轮: (Bar raiser)

• LP questions
  • Find Patient zero, given a list infectors and infectee
    e.g.
    Student 1 infects Student 2 i.e. 1->2
    2->3
    7->5
    4->12
    8->11
    8->13
    … etc
    A student can only be infected by only one student but a single student can infect many students.
    I believe this is a basic directed graph building question and output should be the head of the graph.

第二轮:

• LP questions.
  • Design Chess.

第三轮:

• LP questions.
  • Alien dictionary variation. The interviewer was rushing me through the problem.

第四轮:

• Design Twitter.