pony ai 面经题

看模式是不是匹配的题,比如aba和abcdeabc是匹配的,因为a对应abc, b对应de,返回值应该是boolean就是,是不是匹配的,有人写的backtracking被嫌重复太多不高效

这题怎么高效解啊

要求返回什么, boolean吗?

感觉是boolean

参考

leetcode 加锁了,我贴下

1. Word Pattern II

Given a pattern and a string str , find if str follows the same pattern.

Here follow means a full match, such that there is a bijection between a letter in pattern and a non-empty substring in str .

Example 1:

Input: pattern =

"abab"

, str =

"redblueredblue"

Output: true

Example 2:

Input: pattern = pattern =

"aaaa"

, str =

"asdasdasdasd"

Output: true

Example 3:

Input: pattern =

"aabb"

, str =

"xyzabcxzyabc"

Output: false

贴下 vote 最多的discuss

We can solve this problem using backtracking, we just have to keep trying to use a character in the pattern to match different length of substrings in the input string, keep trying till we go through the input string and the pattern.

For example, input string is "redblueredblue" , and the pattern is "abab" , first let’s use 'a' to match "r" , 'b' to match "e" , then we find that 'a' does not match "d" , so we do backtracking, use 'b' to match "ed" , so on and so forth …

When we do the recursion, if the pattern character exists in the hash map already, we just have to see if we can use it to match the same length of the string. For example, let’s say we have the following map:

'a': "red"

'b': "blue"

now when we see 'a' again, we know that it should match "red" , the length is 3 , then let’s see if str[i ... i+3] matches 'a' , where i is the current index of the input string. Thanks to StefanPochmann’s suggestion, in Java we can elegantly use str.startsWith(s, i) to do the check.

Also thanks to i-tikhonov’s suggestion, we can use a hash set to avoid duplicate matches, if character a matches string "red" , then character b cannot be used to match "red" . In my opinion though, we can say apple (pattern 'a' ) is “fruit”, orange (pattern 'o' ) is “fruit”, so they can match the same string, anyhow, I guess it really depends on how the problem states.

The following code should pass OJ now, if we don’t need to worry about the duplicate matches, just remove the code that associates with the hash set.

public class Solution {

public boolean wordPatternMatch(String pattern, String str) {
    Map<Character, String> map = new HashMap<>();
    Set<String> set = new HashSet<>();

return isMatch(str, 0, pattern, 0, map, set);
  }

boolean isMatch(String str, int i, String pat, int j, Map<Character, String> map, Set<String> set) {
    // base case
    if (i == str.length() && j == pat.length()) return true;
    if (i == str.length() || j == pat.length()) return false;

// get current pattern character
    char c = pat.charAt(j);

// if the pattern character exists
    if (map.containsKey(c)) {
      String s = map.get(c);

// then check if we can use it to match str[i...i+s.length()]
      if (!str.startsWith(s, i)) {
        return false;
      }

// if it can match, great, continue to match the rest
      return isMatch(str, i + s.length(), pat, j + 1, map, set);
    }

// pattern character does not exist in the map
    for (int k = i; k < str.length(); k++) {
      String p = str.substring(i, k + 1);

if (set.contains(p)) {
        continue;
      }

// create or update it
      map.put(c, p);
      set.add(p);

// continue to match the rest
      if (isMatch(str, k + 1, pat, j + 1, map, set)) {
        return true;
      }

// backtracking
      map.remove(c);
      set.remove(p);
    }

// we've tried our best but still no luck
    return false;
  }

}

我知道一个小的优化,就是你可以根据当前的map,算总的需要消耗的最少的total length,如果这个length超过str的话,可以early return