职位是 SWE Intern, Summer 2020
上门是在 Redmond, Washington
Microsoft Azure 组
- Applied online, but got no response for the first 15 days. Then asked for a referral and heard back within a week.
- They came to our school for round 1. Round one was some behavioral, resume based questions and 2 LC medium questions on Trees.
- Got a link to schedule and on-site interview within a week. I chose the date available after 1.5 months as I wasn’t prepared.
- On-site interview was a pleasant experience, could make friends with many other students travelling from all over the US.
- On-site Round 1: Started with some behavioral questions. Then the interviewer started with a system design question (generally they are not asked for internships, but I had one project based on distributed systems which caught his/her attention). Was a bit nervous as this was not expected. But, took some deep breaths and explained him the design. Then the round proceeded with 2 LC medium questions. 1st based on Trees and 2nd based on Graphs. However, the interviewer was kind enough to not expect complete code for both the questions. I wrote the code for first and pseudo code for the second. Interviewer was very supportive and caring.
- On-site Round 2: He seemed supposedly to be one of the hiring managers. He started of with introducing the functions of his team. Then, he asked be some behavioral questions regarding my past work experience and was satisfied with answers. The I was asked 1 LC medium String manipulation based question. I also got to ask him questions about his work and MSFT in general. And I was done with this round.
Got offer after 3 days. Overall, the experience was very pleasant. The people were very caring and they all made up feel comfortable. It helped in reducing stress.