微软SWE NEW GRAD CAMBRIDGE, BOSTON过经

Position: Intern @ Startup
Date: 15th Nov 2019

Recruiter phone screen (1 hour):

• behavioral questions, why Microsoft, favorite product etc.
  • Explain recursion, difference between thread and a process.

Onsite (4 rounds):
Got there at 9 am, amazing office with great views of Boston.

First Round: DFS question with an engineer with 3 years experience. Asked me to code it up iteratively and recursively. Behavioral questions for about 25 mins after.

Second Round: Interviewer was not in town and ended up having that interview over Microsoft Teams. Asked a String manipulation problem. Left about 15 minutes for behavioral.

Third Round: Lunch with very fun engineer. We went to a nice restaurant nearby and chatted for about 90 mins. Heavily behavioral. After this round, I had a break and he left me in a nice lobby with a gaming room. Ended up playing the xbox.

Fourth Round: Interview with a Director. Spent some time getting to know me and why Microsoft. He asked about what teams I am interested in then went into solving a Leetcode Hard problem. I had seen it before but I struggled a little bit to come up with code. Could not complete it in 30 mins but assured me that just saying the solution of the last portion out loud was fine. He then said I did well in the problem. https://leetcode.com/problems/wildcard-matching/

In general, I enjoyed interviewing with the team as they were really brilliant, passionate and fun. I liked how a huge emphasis was placed in getting to know the interviewee. In general, I feel like I did well except for last Leetcode Hard but we’ll see.

Great experience in general.

Result: Not yet heard back.

Preparation : 240 Leetcode Questions

• 60 Pramp Mock Interviews
  • Level 4 Firecode
  • 6 InterviewBit Mock Interviews (they have great tutorials too)