谷歌实习背靠背2轮

The recruiter contacted me with online coding challenge which was easy and then a couple of days later, reached out to schedule a back-to-back 2x45 minute phone interview.

第一轮

The first round was kind of okay. We are given a string which is a mathematical formula as input to our function. We need to check if it is a valid formula. If no, return ‘not possible’. If yes, return the solution of the mathematical formula.

第二轮

It was kind of hard since I was not very well prepared with Graph-type problems and it showed in the interview.

The question was we are given a dictionary of cities which states the distances between them as a tuple. We need to find the maximum possible distance in that.

We were also given a tree figure representing this to understand.

input = {“A” : [(“B”, 2), (“C”, 1)],
“B” : [(“D”, 3)],
“C” : [(“E”, 1), (“F”, 2), (“G”, 5)]}

Expected Output: 6

Reason: In the above example, the maximum possible distance is 6 since A–>C–>G is the maximum distance.

I felt the experience was good and the intervieweres were helpful whenever I was stuck. If I had done bit more prep in graph area of DSA, I could have done a lot better. Anyways, since this is my first time, it is okay and better luck to others trying for Google!