亚麻NG 一轮VO

New Grad 居然考 system design?

我觉得看面试官心情,这个明显在为难同学

我是11月7面的
After a brief introduction and discussing projects on resume I was given one coding question.

Write a method which accepts a linked list of words and a 2-d array of characters and returns a linked list of the words found in the array with their (x,y) co-ordinated and direction.

When further asked, the word can be searched in 8 directions (right,left,top,down,top right,top left,bottom right bottom left).

怎么会有简历的。。。

Given P papers of varying lengths, each of which take a proportionate time to process and given k graders.
Distribute papers among the graders to minimize total time to grade all papers.

It is similar with divide chocolate minimize maximum, but in this case, can be any order.
eg:papers=[10,13,12,18,10],k=2
result is 32 =>min_sum([10,10,12] , [13,18])
but not 35=>min_sum([10,13,12],[18,10])

报个offer
Applied early September.
Got Assessment link on 17 of September conatining 3 parts of online Assessment.Completed all three assessment by 29th of September.
Part 1-> Was simple Debug round of 20 minutes or so having 7 Questions.
Part 2->Two Online Coding Question(Leetcode Medium->Two sum and k nearest point using Euclidean Distance.)
Part 3->2 and half hour long Work simulation and logic ability test.(Logic ability contains simple sequence of problem solving multiple choice questions.)
Got mail saying to move forward with final interview round on 11 October and to fill a survey with available interview dates to choose from. Interview Scheduled on 7th November and was of 45minutes.
Questions asked->
3 Bevaiorial Questions… Ever worked on tight deadline, took help from senior, tell me about a time when you got struck on something and did you deliver on time??
3 Technical Questions…Binary level order traversal , Zig Zag traversal, Two Sum modified…
Tested sorting knowledge on particular given inputs, (counting and merge sort).
Ended on positive note me asking about amazon and interviewer journey in Amazon till now.
Got Offer on 13th of November, though you can check your Application status before on the Amazon career portal.

a->b->c->d->e->a

return b->c->d->e->a or a->b->c->d->e

follow up
What if the number of node exceed 1000 thousand, how to skip some node

Hint
two set

9月21申请的
OA1: received and completed on Oct 6 or 7
OA2: received and completed next day
OA3: received next day, completed on Oct. 11
OAPassEmail - Oct. 18
Interview Date Survey - received and filled Nov.22

OA2Questions:
Copy List with Random Pointer
Search a 2D (sorted) Matrix

CS小硕

申请日期: 09/12/2019
OA1: 10/12/2019
OA2: 10/16/2019
OA3: 10/20/2019
VO invitation: 10/28/2019
VO: 11/14/2019
Offer: 11/20/2019

OA1: 7/7 in debugging questions
OA2: 2 Coding questions:
Movies on flight
Max of min altitudes
Cleared all test cases of both the questions

OA3: I was decent with the simulation and was able to solve most of the questions for the 2nd section (Math and general aptitude)

VO: The interviewer was very friendly and helpful. Started with 2 behavioural questions.
1st question: Have you ever been in a situation where you had to make a choice among a few options, but did not have a lot of time to explore each option (in terms of solution for a particular problem).
Explained a situation that fit the problem. We further discussed this in detail.
2nd question: Have you ever failed at something? What did you learn from it?
Answered pretty well for this.
Coding question:
Delete alternate nodes from a circular linked list.
He asked me to explain my approach without getting to coding directly. We had a brief discussion and then went to coding the solution. He kept adding edge cases that I had to handle in my code. Went pretty well.
Total time: 55-60 minutes.