在 Jersey City
1st interview, phone coding challenge https://leetcode.com/problems/trapping-rain-water/
2nd interview, phone coding challenge https://leetcode.com/problems/fraction-to-recurring-decimal/
one more coding challenge based on two pointers
3rd interview, math riddles and behavioral questions
- 1st interview: 2 on 1, data structures and algorithm based questions
- 2nd interview(bar raiser): 2 on 1, math riddles, problem solving, mysql, distributed database systems
- 3rd interview: 2 on 1, math riddles, problem solving, mysql
- 4th interview: behavioral interview with hiring manager
got a potential offer, but still Goldman wanted to take one more interview
8th interview(exception interview): phone interview, object oriented programming, design a chess game, very weird interview, felt as if Goldman was checking how I react if things do not go according to the plan.
The process was very long and tiring. I had to get approvals from 11 members of the team. The recruiter said that 2 or more rejects and you will not proceed to the next round… I have tried to keep this post short but I am happy to answer any questions. I was struggling to get a job since long. There are just three rules that I learned:
- Do not compare yourself with anyone for whatever reasons. You are on your own journey.
- You can get your dream job provided you keep aside your self-doubt and enjoy the process.
- Don’t forget rule number 1. Comparison is a “MUST NOT”. Don’t do it.