Online Assessment - 1 round (2 questions)
Call with HR - 1 round
Onsite - 4 rounds
Call with HR
- Discussed my interest and potential team options.
- Some LPs
- Invited for Onsite
Onsite Interviews (4 rounds | 1 hr each)
I got about 3-5 minutes after each round. Might seem less on paper but were enough to get some water or to use the restroom.
LP - 15 mins
- Time when you developed something in a more efficient way.
- Time when you were an outlier in a team discussion and how you managed to put your point. (Lot of followup questions)
Coding Question - 40 mins
- Haven’t encountered this question on LeetCode. If I do, i’ll update the post…
- The question was quite complex to be honest. Did not get any intuition for the first 2-3 mins. Literally I was silent for about 1 minute. But ended up solving it.
- Discussed Edge Cases in detail. Was expected to write full code and get a linear time complexity.
LP - 10 mins
- Time when you had to make some compromise to deliver the product on time.
- Time when you made a critical mistake and how did you resolve it.
System Design Question - 50 mins
(The interviewer apologized that he did not leave time for me to take a break)
- The question revolved around handling Big Data. The design was decent and I had to take 1 hint from the interviewer for the final design.
LP - 15 mins
- Time when you developed something in a more efficient way. (same as round 1)
- Time when you went the extra mile to deliver something and what was the output.
- Any project or tool I developed which directly had an impact on a customer (few followups).
Object Oriented (OOPS) Design - 40 mins
- The question revolved around ML work-flow. Discussion went well and implemented few extra things that the interviewer did not mention as part of the use-case. Interviewer seemed convinced.
LP - 15 mins
- Time when you had an argument with your manager and how did you resolve it.
- The most challenging task you ever completed and what was the outcome.
- Time when you took a decision without involving your manager, why and the outcome.
Coding Question plus API Building - 40 mins
- Question was a tweaked version of: https://leetcode.com/problems/course-schedule-ii/
- After writing the code, I was asked to build an API for external users to call my code for their specific use-cases.
- More emphasis given on the input parameters and the classes structure for the API call. Was expected to define the classes properly.
Overall the process went pretty well. All the interviewers took the LPs first which made me quite comfortable. All were responsive and they mentioned in the very beginning that they will constantly type on their laptop and that I should not wait for their acknowledgement.
Hope it helps someone !!