脸熟 Networking SWE 挂经

地点是 Menlo Park
Onsite (5轮各45分钟):

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3:

• Design a service to cater proximity search. (Estimate storage required, design API, Data modelling, Data structure and a brief algo explanation for search, System architecture).

Round 4:

Round 5:

• 35 mins behavioral
  • Merge 2 sorted arrays.

The question in the onsite interviews were pretty standard and straight forward (no surprises at all). I have already solved most of those questions on leetcode. And I did not struggle even a bit during whiteboarding and coded it without any issues.

I got frustrated with the behavioral questions in the second behavioral round since the interviewer was not clear about what he wants and kept asking the same question again and again. It was clear that the interviewer in the second interview was pretty inexperienced. Since both the behavioral interviews were back to back and in the end of the day I was kind of frustrated and did not have the enthusiasm to answer the same questions again and again. Interviewer probably sensed my lack of patience there. AFAIK I screwed up the behavioral round big time because I was just too tired talking continuously. I don’t think I was rejected for some technical mistakes since I don’t remember making a mistake and made sure the interviewer was ‘OK’ with the solution and we had 5 mins in the end after the questions in almost all the coding rounds. The only round we were just on time to complete the interview was the system design round since system design rounds are usually never ending, people can always keep asking more and more questions. But I made sure I finished explaining all the important parts that the interviewer wanted to cover when he described the problem.

The recruiter explicitly told me not to ask for feedback in the rejection email. I still find something fishy with the whole thing. I do not claim that I deserved to be selected, but at the same time I sense something not right because the recruiter clearly mentioned not to ask for feedback. As an engineer I do have techincal pitfalls, but I strongly felt none of my technical pitfalls were exposed by any questions during the interview.

店面

Compute a string expression and return an integer. Expression can contain digits, + , - , * . Example: 1 + 1 * 2 = 3 https://leetcode.com/problems/basic-calculator-ii