Goldman Sachs Software Engineer NY Interview

Status: Undergraduate completed from @ Top 40 CS School, Current working as SDE @ Top 3 Enterprise Tech Company
Position: Goldman Sachs Software Engineer
Interviewed from: Philadelphia, PA

Process:
2 x Phone Interview ( 1 hour each )
1 x Blue Jeans ( 1 hour )
1 x Onsite (if passed all above) (4 interviews back to back)

Interviewer contacted through LinkedIn and we shared contact information and I sent over resume, later was contacted via email to move further into the process and set up a time for interview. I provided some dates and times that would work for me and they choose one of those and set up a phone intervew.

Phone Interview x 1 (1 hour):

During the first phone interview I selected C++ as my coding language, first 10 mins were resume chat and then over to technical question. Code share using coderpad. The interviewer could not differentiate between C and C++ so gave me C instead. I solved the problem and we moved on to a different problem. Once that was done I was told that I’d be contacted for next steps.

Later was contacted back by recruiter after two weeks to set up next phone interview and Blue Jeans.

Phone interview x 2 (1 hour) :

Same process as first phone interview but this time I was given C++ and solved the question. I would say easy/medium leetcode question. Right after this I had Blue Jeans which was a behavioral video interview.

Blue Jeans (1 hour) :

During this one of the engineers asked me questions regarding why I want to join GS etc. and some other random technical questions such as Python vs C++ etc. I was told I would be contacted for next steps at the end of the Blue Jeans interview.

Got a call about a week later from recruiter saying they decided not to move forward. But if I would have been selected it would have been a onsite round next.

Overall Experience: Long wait times, interviewers were late sometimes for about 15 mins, but offered time at the end to make up for it. Overall difficulty would be Medium.