Google Front End Engineer From Phone to OnStage Interview

Initial contact was with a recruiter, we had an initial phone call going over my experience. Following that, we scheduled our initial technical phone interview.

1st Round:

two Coding exercises: I forgot the problems exactly but the area of topic were: **Hash Tables, Linked Lists and Javascript Promises and closures. **

I was able to provide efficient solution for all of them, speed is key so make sure you review these topics before first round. After that I was contacted by the recruiter inviting me to schedule an onsite interview in mountain view Ca.

Accomodation:

google paid for the flight ticket, the rental car, the hotel and food expenses. The hotel was in a good location (close to downtown and the HQ, and close to restaurants etc).

Day Of Interview:

luckily I got there about half hour earlier, it was hard finding parking and exact location, luckily they had a free valet parking who took care of my parking issue.
Once inside, I was given a guest badge and greeted by my recruiter, I had coffee then he walked me to the room where I met my first interviewer.

Schedule:

1st Interview:

Given a dictionnary (array of words) and a stream of characters, find matching words.

2nd Interview:

Straight forward coding exercises involving classic cases of closure and promises.
Tips: review set timeout closure problem and writing a function that takes an array of promises and returns a promise

3rd Interview:

Javascript/HTML problem involving checkboxes.
- problem Part A: given a checkbox: if I check the checkbox (clickAll) check all the other checkboxes, if I click uncheck, uncheck all checkboxes.
- problem Part B: check all to be automatically checked if all other check boxes are checked, and likewise for uncheckAll.
Tips: Make sure to review event bubbling and event listeners.

4th Interview:

Onsite lunch break, they have many restarants onsite, I went with mexican food, while discussing Google and answering my questions.

5th Interview:

HTML/CSS/Javascript Interview:
you’re given an HTML code.
position dropdown under button, set the height automatically.
should use css and JS only.

5th Interview:

Problem: you have links on the page, write a solution that allows you to navigate through the links using a keyboard.

Result:

Although I thought I did well, I didn’t get an offer.