2627 Hanover St.
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Precision medicine for pets with cancer
ImpriMed is integrating tools from oncology, hardware, software and database development to deliver a personalized drug therapy for pet cancer patients. We aim to support veterinarians treating cancer patients with precision medicine technology, based on drug-cell interaction data of each individual patient’s live tumor cells with ImpriMed’s high-throughput drug sensitivity assay. The final drug combination to be injected is chosen based on a data-driven prediction of successful response in the patient. Constructed from pet cancer patient data, the ImpriMed database will be a valuable evidence resource for translating applications into human oncology. This resource will support the fight against human cancer. Using sophisticated data integration and analytics methods is fundamental for us to provide accurate prediction within clinical decision-making.
We are seeking a highly motivated and qualified Data Scientist to join our team for this key position. The ideal candidate has a strong desire to work with a new, large dataset generated from pet (and human) cancer biopsy samples, consisting of both genetic and phenotypic information. This role is full-time and will be based in our headquarters, Palo Alto, California.
- Lead the ImpriMed Database development and analysis process integration
- Fully understand the ImpriMed dataset (patient’s disease information, phenotypic assay results, gene sequencing data, and clinical outcomes) by collaborating with the research scientists and the business development team
- Ad hoc enhancement of data collection procedures to ensure proper data processing, cleaning, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods to identify patterns/trends across the comprehensive genetic and phenotypic information
- Build an internal software solution for data curation, analysis, and data visualization using various statistical methods
- More than 2 years of data science/architect experiences in life science with large datasets
- Experience with (cancer) gene sequencing and analysis
- Biology background and knowledge
- Relevant skills in data science and programming
- Strong understanding of real-world applications of statistics and data science in healthcare
- Ability to develop strong work relationships with cross-functional teams at all levels, to
influence decisions and drive progress
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Passionate about working in a fun, fast-paced, and intellectually challenging environment
- Expertise in oncology / drug sensitivity test / cell cytotoxicity assay / drug combinations
- Familiar with veterinary space
- Strong CS skills related to software development and machine learning
- To learn more about this position or to apply, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org