如何以正确的方式cold email求内推,看看老印怎么写的

找工作阶段,很多人都会通过LinkedIn或者到处打听联系方式来找同胞内推。这里从公司员工的角度提了一些建议,帮助大家提高回复率。

原文如下:

=============================

过去1-2年收过100+求内推的请求,或者“套磁”类请求,绝大部分国人,自我介绍部分差别特别大。

最近收到了一老印的code email from linkedin,可以说是我见过最好的自我介绍,国人经验是他三倍的人都没有他这个写的这么漂亮。隐藏具体内容的贴出来,给大家参考下。

国人的自我介绍经常是这样:

• 我是个新毕业生,我也不知道简历这样行不行,请你看一下帮我找个合适的职位?

• 这样我不点开resume仔细读,并且替你search半天,肯定是无法内推的了。就不行把自己是博士还是硕士直接说清楚?就不能把你大致会什么说说?除非top n毕业(H, MIT, S, Berkeyley, UW),我一般不会engage,因为成功概率非常低而付出effort太多。这样的来信实在太多,茹无法一一辅导。

• 我新毕业生,我什么什么什么什么全都会。是全能无敌专家

• 哇您大牛,会的内容是我的两倍。打开简历一看,fresh MS, 项目3个,具体内容一看就知道是course project,非常水。何必呢。。。。

• 我想学数科、我想申请你们公司、我想转专业、我想了解一下这个行业, 请你给我讲讲你平常做什么?你这周什么时候有20分钟,咱们通一下电话。

• 老板您好

其实我也非常希望见到漂亮的国人简历,我不知道多想往组里多推荐几个国人!!!!!!! 我这里有职位要招人!!!

再来看老印的邮件。

上来寒暄问好

I wish to apply for Data Scientist Role at ** Data Science team as posted on Linkedin and careers page below for the San Francisco location.

I completed my Masters in *** from *** University last year. Prior to that I have close to *** years of professional experience in advanced analytics domain having worked with *** and **** in their *** division.Before my masters I was part of Data Science *** team in *** Inc.

In my recent work as *** in *****, San Francisco , I worked on machine learning models on Big data business problems.

Am currently building a Recommender System Product as a Data Scientist where I am building the algorithm and also acting as Product Manager to manage the whole product development cycle.

In my previous work with ***, I built a Response model using Logistic Regression machine learning technique which resulted in generating an incremental revenue of $1.5MM for the company from their **** Division. Additionally, during my work in ****, the work on Association Analysis helped the the Executive Head of **** **** generate a cross-sell revenue of $2.3MM.

I have good experience of implementing machine learning solutions in Python, some of which can be found here.

I have also got the opportunity to work with big organizations or to be a founding member of starting a data science practice for a start-up. This varied role and responsibility has helped me shape into a self-starter in any endeavor I pursue.

I have enclosed my resume for your review. I would like the opportunity to share more about my qualifications and the ways in which I can contribute to the team.

<strong>详细分析:</strong>

目的明确,故事完整,条理清晰,重点突出.

虽然英语语法并不完美但是意思已经非常清楚了。

我的教育背景,我目前的工作状态,我的位置。

我会什么数科方法,我会什么工具,我做了什么事情,我的职责是哪些。我的工作给公司带来了哪些收益。

(buzz word也都hit到了,但是并没有感觉只在堆砌术语。)

我的工作样本(github link) (其实里面只有MOOC类型的内容)

我的特殊之处

请看我的简历

结语

这种邮件,哪怕就是简单的cold email, 得到回复的概率也比简简单单的类型要高吧

恩,实实在在的跟三哥们学吹。共勉。