微软onsite

I had total four four rounds at Microsoft which are as follows:

Phone Interview (1 hour):
Recursion
Concurrency explain multithreading

Onsite

Round 1 (1 hour):

45 Minutes: Find a Celebrity. Suppose you are at a party with n people (labeled from 0 to n - 1) and among them, there may exist one celebrity. The definition of a celebrity is that all the other n - 1 people know him/her but he/she does not know any of them.

Now you want to find out who the celebrity is or verify that there is not one. The only thing you are allowed to do is to ask questions like: “Hi, A. Do you know B?” to get information of whether A knows B. You need to find out the celebrity (or verify there is not one) by asking as few questions as possible (in the asymptotic sense).

You are given a helper function bool knows(a, b) which tells you whether A knows B. Implement a function int findCelebrity(n). There will be exactly one celebrity if he/she is in the party. Return the celebrity’s label if there is a celebrity in the party. If there is no celebrity, return -1.

Follow Up: Given 10 people how many questions would you ask? Can you reduce the number of questions?

find-the-celebrity
15 Minutes: Behavioral Questions round . Going over resume.

Round 2 (1 hour):

45 Minutes: Given a set of candidate coins (without duplicates) and a change (target), find all unique combinations in coin denominations where the coins sums to target.
combination-sum/
The same repeated number may be chosen from candidates unlimited number of times.
Follow Up: Consider if duplicate elements are also present in the array.
15 Minutes: Behavioral Questions

Round 3 (1 hour):
Sort a linkedList given a reverse function. can only reverse one node at a time.

Find minimum element in an unsorted array. best possible time and space complexity.

I would highly recommend solving Top Interview Questions from LeetCode as well as analyzing a questions for possible follow ups .

I hope this helps everyone.
Thank You!