Completed Part 3 of OA: 10/23/2019
Notification that I passed Part 3 of OA: 10/31/2019
Invitation to schedule Final Round: 11/15/2019
Final Round: 11/21/2019
Offer: 11/28/2019

Interviews
Online Assessment:

1. Debugging: Fix errors in code.
  2. Coding Challenge: 2 Leetcode-esque problems.
  3. Work Simulation and Logical Ability:
  • Work Simulation questions probably aimed to assess whether your actions are aligned with their Leadership Principles.
  • Logical Ability questions assess simple problem solving (e.g. “Find the next number in the pattern”).

Final Round:
This process consisted of 3 45-min virtual interviews.

The first two rounds were very similar in terms of the interview and technical question structure. They both began with a behavioral question, followed by a System Design question, and ended with time for me to ask questions to the interviewer. Both interviewers were very friendly and ready to guide me through the question.

The last interviewer started with the technical question and was quiet while I was tackling the problem. I would ask clarifying questions to which she responded with short and ambiguous responses. I was very lucky to have solved a similar question, otherwise I am not sure if I would have figured it out (the unfortunate reality of the technical hiring process). We had a lot of time left so she asked me 4 behavioral questions at the end. She definitely seemed more interested in that aspect of the interview.

1. Interviewer: SDE2 with 3.5 years at Amazon
    Question: Design and implement a class to support certain functions.
  2. Interviewer: SDE2 with 4 years at Amazon
    Question: Design and implement a class to support certain functions.
  3. Interviewer: SDE2 with 6 years at Amazon
    Question: Straightforward LC Medium.