拿了谷歌亚麻Offer却因学校filing errors丢掉Visa被迫回国

原文:

I’m leaving the US and looking for opportunities!

Despite having offers from both Google and Amazon, I’ve been declined a visa because of some filing errors from my school. In this mentally taxing 6 month process, I was fortunate to have received much support from friends and family, who constantly encourage me to keep moving forward and renew myself. I can’t thank them enough for that.

As my mentor has told me: “When crisis comes, the first thing is to not freak out. What makes someone a leader is not their skills but their spirit. Walk the path that will strengthen your spirit, make you more useful, and give you more empathy for others.” I refuse to let this unfortunate event define my career. Working in top tech in the U.S. was my goal, but I think I can still be a better engineer and create impact elsewhere.

I’m open to opportunities outside the U.S., preferably a Software Engineer at an early stage startup in the product building phase. If your team are building products that “target big markets” (as Don Valentine at Sequoia Capital says), I can’t wait to hear about it!

转自