脸熟实习过经

Position: Student
Date: September 2nd, 2019

Knew the recruiter from last year, last year’s application was rejected, but the recruiter was nice enough to help me this year again.

Applied on July 28, 2019 through the recruiter directly.

Interview appointments for the first two interviews were set on Aug 08, 2019 .

Technical online video interviews (45 min x 2 ) on Sep 02, 2019 :

• Two algorithm questions for each interview.

Technical online video interview (45 min x 1) on Sep 12, 2019 :

• Two algorithm questions.

Informed by the recruiter that I passed all the interviews and will go into the Team Matching stage on Sep 17, 2019 .

Informed by the recruiter that three teams expressed interests in me, and setup the Team Matching interviews the same day on Sep 18, 2019 .

Team matching interviews, on Sep 27, 2019 , one manager did not show up.

Team matching interview again on Oct 10, 2019 , for the one manager that did not show up.

Recruiter setup phone call to discuss team match results. Oct 10, 2019 .

Talked to the recruiter on the phone, one team thinks I’m a good fit, I like that team as well, talked about offer, and accepted offer on Oct 15, 2019 .

Result : Offer

Overall, I am very grateful of my recruter, she was VERY VERY VERY (Yes, three all cap VERYs) responsive, helpful, informative. She often replies me in minutes, longest was probably still less than 24 hrs. Besides hard work I did on my own, I could not have done this without her help. She has kept this stressful and anxious process to the absolute minimum for me. I just wish all other recruiters can be like her.

包裹如下:
Years of Experience: 0
Prior Experience: None
Date of the Offer: Oct 2019
Company: Facebook
Title/Level: PhD SWE Internship
Salary: $27,000 ($9000 per month, total of 12 weeks)
Relocation: N/A
Signing Bonus: N/A
Stock bonus: N/A
Bonus: N/A
Total comp (Salary + Bonus + Stock): ~$27K
Benefits: Free housing, food, gym, $350 stipend for a bike or transportation, reimbursement for relocation

报个我的

第一题 https://leetcode.com/problems/single-number/
I gave hashmap solution quickly. Implemented and discussed about the time and space complexity.
Follow Up:
Memory constraint in adding to the hashmap (Solution should be without using extra memory). Took some time here and came up with the bit maniulation solution. My solution was to XOR the whole list and return the final result.

第二题 https://leetcode.com/problems/single-number-ii/ with a variation of memory constraint (No extra memory). Expected solution was bit manipulation here also. We discussed some bit patterns. By the time I could come with the solution time was up already.

The interviewer was very friendly. Asked him few questions about his work and that’s it. Overall it was a great experience.