亚麻 Summer Intern 2020 VO经历

Masters Intern from top CS school

Applied: 08/21/2019
Received OA: 09/18/2019
Passed OA confirmation: 10/11/2019
Received VO schedule link: 10/23/2019
Took Final VO: 11/01/2019

I’m currently waiting on results after having finished the final VO round yesterday, 11/01/2019.

VO Experience:

15 min of behavioral. “Tell me about a time when you felt under pressure that you wouldn’t be able to get something done or had to take a pivot at the last minute”. Answered, and then interviewer asked more follow up questions from my answer.

5 min worth of data structure trivia. Difference between an ArrayList over a LinkedList? What about search complexity? When would you want to use one list over the other?

Last 25 min were spent solving two technical questions. Both of which are not NOT on LC, but would have to categorize it as easy… The second question, depended on the function I wrote for the first one. Both questions utilized hashmaps, with second question also using a List as a value for the map. I actually gave an approach using a Trie/DFS for the second question, and the interviewer said that he would expect that approach from a senior engineer, not from an intern! He told me to do a more simple approach due to time. Asked me time complexities for both questions after solving both.

Overall it was surprisingly “too” easy for the final round. The OA questions were 10x harder than the questions I got in VO. I will update results accordingly.

Thanks for sharing!

正在准备OA,来吸吸欧气