Uber 店面挂经

第一轮
I had my first Technical Phone Screen with an Engineer with a problem similar to LRU Cache on Leetcode, but with more variations and difficulties along the way. It was also presented in a very generic manner so there were alot of questions I asked along the way. I felt that I communicated very properly and the feedback was that I even had the right algorithm but because I ran out of time (40 minutes), I could not implement the full code.

第二轮
Then, the recruiter was nice enough to take the feedback with a grain of salt and allowed me a second opportunity for a Technical Phone Screen. The second round went better than the first. It was the https://leetcode.com/problems/number-of-islands/
I was able to slowly communicate and code my way fully to the solution. I got stuck on some small parts of the DFS algorithm but was able to compile. However, since this was on Hackerrank the interviewer asked me to compile but my output wasnt correct. I tried several options to change the code but wouldnt get the exact output so there was some error in my logic. Unfortunately, time had run out. The Engineer even said “we are very close” but the time was out.
一周后告知还是挂了