New Grad (SWE)
Applied online with a referral, 2周后HR联系，约了店面
- He called me then he introduced himself and his team and he asked me to introduce myselft (5 mins total)
- Then he said let go the coding challenge session because we don’t have much time (25 mins left) but I only had 20 mins to do it because I need to have 5 mins left to ask him back some questions.
- He sent me a link to code, I forgot the name of the link but it is online coding site that both of us can write code at the same time. He wrote the question and he explained the question to me. The question is Medium level on Leetcode and it is in MS questions (Can’t let you guys know the question). I explained my approaches to him while coding. I got stucked sometimes and he helped me by giving hints, I knew my code was not good, then he said let’s talk about the edges cases. I did not know that I have to talk about the edge cases, you guys should take care this part. Then I tried to tell him somethings and he said okay okay. He asked me what is the time complexity, I said at this point I can only think this problem in O(n) time (actually it is O(n) time) because blah blah he said okay okay good good, I said: if I have more time I might find a better time complexity solution but I don’t think it is possible because we need atleast to scan throught the array so it will be atleast O(n) time. He said okay okay, good good. I did not have time much to discuss the edge cases and that’s made me think about failing the interview.
- He then asked me that I have questions to ask him back? I prepared 3 quetions to ask him back.
- Total time of the phone call interview was about 35 mins.
=> Prepare tips: practice questions on Leetcode as much as you can, if not you can do MS questions. You dont need to care about the correct syntax, what they need is your logic and your comunication and your personal that fits to the company or not. So, be active and fun and smart.
After 2 weeks, I got an email for onsite interview and still practicing for the onsite. Haven’t gone to Redmond yet. Wish me luck guys!!
=> My friend did phone call 30 mins for internship in the same day. They asked him a super easy leetcode question an it also in MS questions. He is new to coding so he could not make it, I guess. The question is super easy!